SRINAGAR: Two labourers were hospitalized with injuries after receiving an electric shock in Lolab of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Friday evening.
The two labourers got electrocuted at Dilbagh area in Divar Lolab when an iron pole they were erecting, touched a high-tension electric wire overhead. They were rushed to SDH Sogam, from where both of them were referred to District Hospital Handwara for preferential treatment.
The duo has been identified as Aijaz Ahmad Mir of Chrali Gund Lolab and Aadil Ahmad Mir of Thundoosa Lolab.
It has been in the meantime learnt that one among the injured namely Aijaz Ahmad Mir has received critical injuries in the incident.
Despite repeated attempts, the AEE concerned could not be reached for his comments. (GNS)