Zainakote Youth’s Killing: ‘Report Lying in Home Department’

KL NEWS NETWORK

SRINAGAR

Gowhar Nazir Dar
Gowhar Nazir Dar

The family of Zainakote youth, Gowhar Nazir Dar, who was killed in forces action in November last year, Monday alleged that despite the completion of the magisterial probe, government is in “no mood” to made the report public, let alone punishing the culprits.

Nazir Ahmed Dar, a resident of Zainakote HMT Srinagar told CNS that authorities had ordered a magisterial probe into the killing of his son Gowhar Nazir Dar who died in CRPF action last year.

“Additional Deputy Commissioner Nazir Ahmed Baba was appointed inquiry officer. We produced 18 witnesses before the inquiry committee who all held CRPF guilty of killing my son. Even after the expiry of six months, government is mute over the outcome of the probe report. Neither the government wants to inform us not it is ready to make the findings public. This is injustice towards the family who lost their beloved son who was just 18 years old at the time of death,” Dar said.

When contacted, Additional Deputy Commissioner Nazir Ahmed Baba said that he completed his job and submitted the probe report to the government. “The report is lying in Home Department and it is they who have take call on it,” he said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here