#Day 26: Chattabal Youth Killed By Pellets Fired From Point-Blank Range



The Chattabal youth has been killed by pellets, post-mortem has confirmed.

Police sources quoting autopsy said that the youth was killed by pellet fire. “Pellets were fired from point blank range,” sources said.

Meanwhile, reacting to a news item carried by Kashmir Life early in the morning that said “Riyaz Ahmad Shah was killed under mysterious circumstances”, Shakeel Ahmad, slain Riyaz’s elder brother said that the Riyaz Ahmad Shah was killed by CRPF men stationed near Government Medical College (GMC), Srinagar.

“My brother was killed by CRPF,” shouted Shakeel Ahmad, elder brother of slain Chattabal youth, over phone, “It is a murder by men in uniform.”

Last night, at around 10:30 pm, body of Riyaz Ahmad Shah, an ATM guard, was spotted by an auto-driver near Syed Mansoor Sahib (RA) Shrine. He was in a pool of blood. The said spot is adjacent to a CRPF camp. The auto driver rushed to SMHS wherefrom people came out and took custody of the body.

“Riyaz was on way to home last night after finishing his duty,” said Shakeel, “I called on his cell number and Riyaz responded that he was on way home; I again called him after 15 minutes and he said he is still on way.”

Shakeel, who is in PCR right now, waiting for the dead body of his brother, said, “As Riyaz didn’t reach home on time, I dialled his number again but this time he didn’t respond.”

“We got anxious as repeated calls to Riyaz went unanswered,” said Shakeel.

According to Shakeel, he received a call around mid-night from SMHS saying, “Come along with 10-15 people to SMHS, we are waiting for you.”

They were the same people who had brought Riyaz’s body to SMHS hospital, said Shakeel.

“When we reached the hospital, we were told that the body was taken to PCR,” Shakeel said, “and we are waiting as doctors are performing post-mortem of the dead body.”

“It is not an accident at all,” Shakeel said, “I am myself working with a media organization and I am well aware the problems faced by Journalists.” “But, Riyaz had bullet wounds which were shot by CRPF men.”

When Kashmir Life contacted Medical Superintendent SMHS Srinagar to ascertain the cause of Riyaz’s death, he said, “No dead body was brought here!”

I agree to the Terms and Conditions of Kashmir Life


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here