JKLF relaunches ‘Quit Kashmir Movement’

KL Report

SRINAGAR

Announcing the launch of ‘Quit Kashmir Movement’, the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik Saturday accused the Indian government of diverting attention from ‘Kashmir freedom movement’ to state-centre relations by raking up the issue of Article 370.

“JKLF will model the ‘Quit Kashmir Movement’ on the pattern of ‘Safar-e-Azadi’ and ‘Signature Campaign,” announced Malik in a press conference.

Malik said that on the one side India handed over a questionnaire to Pakistan, and Islamabad to correct character and then they will talk, and on the other in Kashmir, it dropped a balloon of Article 370.

“Since then a storm has raged in Kashmir and all parties, which fight elections, have threatened that a revolution will come if it is revoked,” Malik said.

“I felt it is nothing but to change the discourse of Kashmir freedom movement,” he said.

Malik slammed all unionist parties and said they are the ones who eroded Article 370. He said 98 percent of Article 370 has been eroded and it now exists only on papers.

Apparently, to counter the debate of Article 370, Malik announced:  “We have decided that god willing on the pattern of  signature campaign and Safar-e-Azadi, we will strengthen the Quit Kashmir Movement on grassroots level to bring new life to the freedom movement,” Malik said.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here