Labourer Injured Due to Electrocution Succumbs

   

SRINAGAR: A laborer injured in an electrocution incident last week in the Lolab area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, has succumbed at a hospital here on Tuesday morning.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Quoting an official, GNS reported that Aijaz Ahmad Mir of Thundoosa Lolab was among two laborers who were hospitalized with injuries after receiving an electric shock at the Dilbagh area in Lolab on Friday last when an iron pole they were erecting, touched a high-tension electric wire overhead.

The duo was evacuated from the site to SDH Sogam, from where both of them were referred to District Hospital Handwara for preferential treatment.

“Among the injured, Aijaz Ahmad Mir of Chrali Gund Lolab was further referred to SKIMS Soura, where he succumbed this morning”, the official said.

When contacted, a police official said that they have already registered a case in this regard and investigation is going on. (GNS)

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here