LoC Firing Continues for Ninth Consecutive Night, No Casualties Reported

   

SRINAGAR: Small arms fire was exchanged between Indian and Pakistani troops across several sectors along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir for the ninth straight night, officials said on Saturday.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

The firing, initiated by Pakistani troops in violation of the ceasefire agreement, did not result in any casualties, officials said.

This marks the ninth straight night of  firing from across the border, largely confined to the LoC, with only one incident reported along the International Border (IB).

“During the night of 02–03 May 2025, Pakistan Army resorted to unprovoked small-arms fire across the Line of Control opposite the Kupwara, Uri, and Akhnoor areas of Jammu and Kashmir,” an official said, adding that the Indian Army responded promptly and proportionately.

Since the Pahalgam terror attack on April 22, 2025, Pakistani troops have violated the ceasefire along the LoC for nine consecutive nights, with approximately 25 to 30 incidents recorded. These have occurred across multiple sectors, including Poonch, Kupwara, Baramulla, Uri, Akhnoor, Naushera, Sunderbani, Tangdhar, Tutmari Gali, Rampur, and the Pargwal sector along the International Border.

The Indian Army has responded proportionately to each incident, with no casualties reported so far amid heightened tensions following the April 22 attack. (KNO)

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here