SRINAGAR: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday said that Muharram processions in Srinagar will be permitted along the same routes as last year.
Speaking to reporters, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha said Muharram processions will be allowed this year as they were last year.

In 2023, the administration led by LG Sinha allowed Shia mourners to take out the 8th Muharram procession through the traditional Guru Bazaar–Dalgate route in Srinagar after a 34-year ban.
Mourners had assembled at Guru Bazaar and marched through Budshah Chowk to M.A. Road and onward to Dalgate under tight security arrangements.
In the same year, the 10th Muharram procession was also allowed across Kashmir for the first time in over three decades. In Srinagar, mourners took out a large procession along the traditional route from Botakadal to Zadibal.
The event was marked as significant as it witnessed the participation of a sitting head of the Union Territory. LG Manoj Sinha joined the Zuljinah procession and distributed refreshments among the mourners. (KNO)















