CBI Charges Former JK Governor Satyapal Malik in Kiru Project Case

   

SRINAGAR: The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a chargesheet against former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satyapal Malik and five others in an alleged corruption case related to the Rs 2,200-crore civil works contract for the Kiru Hydropower Project.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

The chargesheet, submitted to a special court after a three-year probe, names Malik and former officials of the Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited (CVPPPL), including Navin Kumar Choudhary, M S Babu, M K Mittal, and Arun Kumar Mishra, along with construction firm Patel Engineering Limited.

The case concerns alleged irregularities in awarding the project contract in 2019. The CBI said that although the CVPPPL board had recommended a re-tender through reverse auction, the contract was ultimately awarded to Patel Engineering in deviation from that decision.

Searches were conducted at Malik’s premises in February last year. Malik, who served as governor from August 2018 to October 2019, had earlier claimed he was offered a Rs 300-crore bribe to clear files related to the project. He denied wrongdoing and accused the agency of targeting him instead of those he had named.

On Thursday, Malik, currently hospitalised, said he was unable to respond to calls and messages. In a message on ‘X’ on Thursday, Malik said he was getting calls from many well-wishers which he was unable to take.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here