Kashmir youth shot dead in Indore buried

KL Report


Amid sobs and tears, a Kashmir youth who was shot dead in Madhya Pradesh, was buried here in Sonwar area of summer capital Srinagar on Thursday afternoon.

The deceased, Tanveer Ahmad Dar, was shot dead by a pistol borne person at Indoor in Madhya Pradesh, official sources had told GNS on Wednesday.

A senior police official had said that the youth, who was working as an operator of a private mobile company (Intex), was killed by a man identified as Govind, who was running the company’s franchisee on Khajrana road at Chanderloc Churaha in the city.

Earlier, the body of the deceased arrived here in Sonwar. “As soon as his body reached here, a pal of gloom descended in the entire area with women wailing and beating their chests,” a neighbour of the deceased said. Witnesses said hundreds of people offered the funeral of Tanveer.

The deceased is survived by his wife and a year old son. “Since he used to be out of state, he married a girl there some two to three years ago and he, approximately a year ago, became father of a boy,” Tanveer’s another relative said.

Besides, he said, he has a brother and his parents. “His brother is also married,” he added.

The accused, who is on the run, was operating a franchisee of the company’s mobile service centre but was unable to run it properly, following which he was asked to stop, a police official had said.

“The accused reached Ravi Apartment in Intex Technology’s regional office located in Chandralok Colony to discuss the issue of closure of his franchisee with the company’s head Tahir”, he said.

“Since then he was angry with the company officials and today he arrived in the office along with an associate to discuss the issue. When they did not respond to his plea, he shot at Tahir from close range,” the officer said.

The bullet hit Tahir in the stomach and back. Govind also fired at another official, who had a narrow escape.

“He paid price for his honesty,” his aunt said in the compound of his modest house in Sonwar neighbourhood of the city.

The Sonwar area observed a complete shutdown amid protests and clashes. Witnesses said soon after Tanveer’s funeral, local youth took to streets and resorted to heavy stone-pelting on the cops who were additionally deployed in the area.

“Angry youth also pelted stones on public and private vehicles and smashed their glasses resulting in halt of the traffic,” witnesses said. “However, a huge contingent of police was rushed to the area and they chased away youth and restored traffic.”

The women also took out a protest rally in the area and demanded severe punishment to the accused. “Whatever may be the reason but it is a fact that no Kashmiri youth is safe in outside states whether they go for studies or for business,” a woman protester said.

Senior police officers, who were present in the area, pacified them and later they dispersed peacefully.

The police haves registered a case under FIR no. 418/2014 under section 302, 307, 34 RPC in police station Palasiya and starts further investigations in this regard.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here