SRINAGAR: In response to the Pahalgam terror attack that killed 26 civilians on April 22, the Indian Armed Forces launched ‘Operation Sindoor’ in the early hours of Wednesday, targeting nine terror camps in Pakistan and on the other side of LoC.
Addressing a press briefing in New Delhi, Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said the operation was aimed at bringing the perpetrators and planners of the Pahalgam attack to justice. “Despite a fortnight having passed, there has been no demonstrable action by Pakistan against terrorist infrastructure on its soil,” Misri said
The strikes began at around 1:44 AM and were based on specific intelligence inputs. All identified targets were hit, with no reported civilian casualties or attacks on military installations. The destroyed camps include Sawi Nallah, Syedba Bilal, Gulpur, Bhimber, Abbas, Sarjal near Sialkot, Mehmoona Joya, Markaz-e-Toiba in Muridke, and Marka Subhna Allah in Bahawalpur. The last two are reportedly linked to the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Officials said the attackers had been trained in camps such as Gulpur and Bhimber, both destroyed in the operation. Misri added that Pakistan continues to provide shelter and support to terror groups such as LeT and Jaish-e-Mohammed under various names.
Military officials, including Colonel Sofiya Quresh and Wing Commander Yomika Singh, who joined Misri at the briefing, said Operation Sindoor was a mission for justice. “All nine targets were destroyed. Our forces acted with restraint and precision to avoid civilian harm,” they said.
India has shared detailed information on TRF, LeT, and JeM with the UN monitoring team, highlighting their activities through new proxy outfits. The UN Security Council has already condemned the Pahalgam attack and called for the perpetrators to be held accountable.
Government sources said intelligence reports suggest possible future attacks by Pakistan-based groups. “India has shown restraint, but our forces are fully prepared to defend the country and respond when necessary,” Misri said.
The strikes have drawn strong public support, particularly from the families of the victims, as India sends a message that terror will not go unanswered. (KNO)















