Over 270 Injured in Israel as Conflict With Iran Intensifies

   

SRINAGAR: The conflict between Israel and Iran entered its eighth day on Friday, with both sides continuing to launch missiles and drones. The Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) said they struck multiple military targets across Iran overnight, including the Arak heavy water reactor. Iran confirmed the strike but said the site had been evacuated and there was no radiation risk.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp
The night skyline of an Israeli city during Iran Iran-Israel war in June 2025

Iran responded with a new barrage of missiles, hitting Beersheba for a second consecutive day. Soroka Medical Centre, southern Israel’s largest hospital, was struck on Thursday, injuring over 80 people. Tel Aviv also suffered residential damage, with total injuries from Iranian attacks now over 270. Iran has not updated its casualty figures since Sunday.

Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz blamed Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, stating on social media that the IDF has been instructed to ensure “this man absolutely should not continue to exist.”

The White House said US President Donald Trump would decide within two weeks whether to intervene. Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said Trump is open to diplomacy but prioritises preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio met UK Foreign Secretary David Lammy, and both agreed Iran must not be allowed nuclear capability.

Iran denied striking civilian sites, claiming it targeted a military facility, and warned that US involvement would escalate the conflict. Meanwhile, back-channel talks continue between US envoy Steve Witkoff and Iran’s foreign minister. The UN nuclear watchdog has raised concern over restricted access to Iran’s nuclear programme amid rising tensions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here