After Killing Two, Militant Threw Phone In Water Body, Police, Navy Starts Hunt

   

SRINAGAR: The police, along with the Navy’s elite marine commando MARCOS, launched a search operation in waterbodies in central Kashmir’s Srinagar district to trace a cell phone and other material of the main accused who has been arrested in connection with the killing of two workers from Punjab.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Quoting Police sources, The Tribune reported that the accused had told investigators that he had thrown a cell phone and other material into waterbodies at two places along the Ali Jan road in Srinagar after the attack. The accused, Aadil Manzoor Langoo, a resident of old Srinagar city, was caught on February 13.

The accused had on February 7 opened fire on Amritpal Singh and Rohit outside their rented accommodation at Shaheed Gunj, Srinagar. This was the first target killing in the Valley this year. Both the carpenters had returned from Punjab on the same day.

Singh died on the spot while Rohit succumbed to his injuries a day later. The police said a pistol used by the accused to commit the crime had also been recovered.

After Langoo’s arrest, Additional Director General of Police Vijay Kumar had said the accused had been radicalized online by a Pakistan-based handler to carry out the attack and was also given the weapon.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here