SRINAGAR: A recent claim regarding a student from Budgam being among the top scorers in the JEE-Mains 2025 is incorrect. The result, originally declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on April 18, was followed by widespread reports identifying Attiya Zehra as a top scorer in the girls’ category from Jammu and Kashmir with a percentile of 99.84.
The coaching institute SKIE Classes, where the student was enrolled, also issued advertisements celebrating the claimed achievement without verifying it. “A scoresheet circulated at the time supported this claim,” SKIE said in a clarification later.
However, reports surfaced three days later suggesting the result was fabricated. A document of her result, which has been widely circulated, shows the result percentage as 73.28.
The student released a video on Tuesday clarifying that a technical issue may have confused them. She said she had initially seen a score of 99.84 and shared it with her parents and teachers. She added that, upon receiving calls questioning the result a few days later, she and her family attempted to verify it again.
The family said the result was checked on a delayed server three days before it became publicly accessible and that they had screenshots showing 99.84. The same website now displays 73.28 for the current attempt and 6 percentile for a previous attempt, which they claim was originally 84.
The family said they have written to the NTA seeking an official explanation.
Dr Saddam, Chairman of SKIE Classes, confirmed that the student had presented a PDF of the result and that the institute issued advertisements based on it. He added that once concerns were raised, they rechecked the website, which at one point displayed “record not available”. He said the student was visibly distressed by the situation.
The family has written to the NTA requesting clarification. So far, no response has been received.
Amid celebratory reports appearing on social media, Kashmir Life also carried the news and talked to the candidate at her residence, su moto. It was not a promotional event. After the actual NTA result, accessed by the newsroom, showed a lower rank, the video conversation was withdrawn. The error is regretted.















