Power supply yet to be restored in 10 per cent areas: Vikar

0

KL Desk

Srinagar

Admitting that electricity is yet to be restored in 10 per cent rural areas of the state; Minister for Power (Independent Charge) Viqar Rasool said that various localities are still under darkness. He said restoration of power in those localities is under process.

“90 per cent power has been restored after the snow fall in Valley while remaining 10 per cent is under process for restoration. Various transformers have been damaged in various areas resulting in darkness there. I have directed the officers to report to me on daily basis to assess the pending areas and what steps are being taken for restoration”, said Rasool while talking to media persons.

Asking department officials to not exploit people on one pretext or other, he said, “Corrupt officials will be made accountable for their malpractice and those who are putting the people in darkness deliberately”.

Talking about the unscheduled power cuts, Power minister said that concern officers have been asked to submit report in this regard.

Speaking about the bringing back power projects from NHPC, “I’m going to hold a meeting with officers of Power development Cooperation to frame the future strategy on the issue”, said Rasool while replying to a query.

He said that he has directed authorities to restore damaged transformers within ten days.

He said that higher officials of the department have been directed to submit the report by or before 15th February about casual labors for further action, adding, “Government has already said the fate of these (Casual labors) recruited till 2010 will be decided soon”.

He said that state pays 4,000 crores for power but receives only 12,00 crores as power fee. Claiming that Congress high command has directed state Congress to strengthen coalition, Rasool said, “Rahulji and Sonaiji has directed us to strengthen the coalition in state but the interest of the party will be given first preference. We’ll highlight the achievements of coalition lead by Omar sahib”.

He said that Panchayat Raj has been established by the current regime in the state and now the time has come to empower the people at ground level to strengthen the democracy.

“Centre is open heartily providing funds to the state under various schemes and people should avail the benefits of these centre sponsored schemes”, said Rasool.

Claiming that the achievements of the government will be made to public and the Party interest will be preferred.

Leave A Reply

*