If you are a cricket fanatic, then you must read this blog. Here, we are going to talk about all-rounders in IPL 2021. While players across the globe participate in the IPL, a few all-rounders are worth mentioning. The 14th season of this cash-rich cricket league was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, it resumed in the United Arab Emirates in the middle of September. And if you play fantasy cricket, knowing about the all-rounders will help you create your team.
Fantasy or virtual cricket is the ideal escapade from the daily boring life of people. All you need to do is download the app and start playing. It is thrilling, and you can form your team, make changes to it, make informed decisions about the same, etc. The rules are pretty simple too. Once you start playing, you won’t stop as it helps you escape the real world! Also, imagine coming together with other cricket fans on a platform. You will be able to exchange knowledge, know about contexts and much more.
So without any further delay, kindly read the rest of this blog.
- Krunal Pandya from Mumbai Indians (2/10): Krunal Pandya is a name that should be noted when talking about IPL 2021. He was extremely poor with the ball in the Indian leg of IPL 2021. However, in a game against KKR, he did not hit figures of 1/13 in four overs.
He was even promoted to the 4th spot after Ishan Kishan was dropped from the playing team. Krunal Pandya managed to score a century at an average of 16.66 and a strike rate of 131.57.
- Marcus Stoinis from Delhi Capitals (4/10): This player played a few handy cameos for Delhi Capitals during the 2021 IPL. His unbeaten knock of 27* (13) helped the Capitals win against the Punjab Kings. This right-handed player batted six times and even scored 71 runs at a strike rate of 144.89.
When it comes to bowling, he didn’t have to do much as he anyway sent down 10 overs during eight matches, in which he claimed 2 wickets but went at 10.90 RPO.
- Pat Cummins from Kolkata Knight Riders (5/10): Cummins from KKR is another decent all-rounder that should be considered. In his seven games, Cummins scored 93 runs at a strike rate of 166.07.
The player also chipped in with 9 wickets in 7 innings at an average of 26.33.
- Kylie Jamieson from Royal Challengers Bangalore (5/10): This cricketer is another noteworthy all-rounder who played for the first time in India. This player claimed 9 wickets at an average of 24.55.
With the bat, he scored 59 runs in five innings lower down the order with an average strike rate of 143.90.
- Chris Morris from Rajasthan Royals (7/10): Morris had a poor start this year as the most expensive overseas player. However, this well-known all-rounder bounced back later in the season.
He smashed a whirlwind 18-ball 36* against the Delhi Capitals. When it comes to bowling, he was equally brilliant with 14 wickets in 7 innings at an average of 16.
The economy rate was 8.61. His best performance was in the game against Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Sam Curran from Chennai Super Kings (6/10): This gamer was in for another brilliant season. This left-arm seam bowling cricketer claimed 9 wickets at an average of 24.11. Besides claiming timely wickets, the player also scored 58 runs at a strike rate of 208.
- Andre Russell for Kolkata Knight Riders (7/10): Although this cricketer did not perform well, he still makes a spot on our list. This all-rounder claimed a five-wicket haul against Mumbai Indians.
However, he failed to take Kolkata Knight Riders past the finishing line because of his scores. One of his noteworthy performances was in the match against CSK. Overall, he scored 163 runs in 7 outings at a strike rate of 155.23 apart from claiming 7 wickets at 16.28.
He couldn’t take the team past the finishing line in the game against RCB as well.
So these are some of the all-rounders according to us. Apart from them, Ravindra Jadeja from Chennai Super Kings, Moeen Ali from Chennai Super Kings, Kieron Pollard from Mumbai Indians are some other superb all-rounders that should be noted.
If you play virtual cricket, we are pretty sure that this blog will be useful to you. Since the pandemic is still there and you are somewhat stuck at home, now is the right time to analyze the games and level up your cricket knowledge. If you are a true cricket fan, this rating will help you form your team for fantasy leagues. This will also help you win your virtual cricket games because you will pick the right all-rounders. As they always say, it is very important to pick the right players for your team. And yes, make sure that you choose the captain and vice-captain for your fantasy cricket game.
The pandemic has undoubtedly pushed the fortune of fantasy gaming apps. This Forbes blog will enlighten you more about the same.
The captain gets 2X points, and the vice-captain gets 1.5X points for this score. To know more, kindly keep an eye on the blog section.