Four Persons Including Cop Dead Since Monday

Jamia Majid on the day of Eid ul Zuha 2016

Jamia Majid on the day of Eid ul Zuha 2016



At least four persons have died in the last three days starting with the Eid across Kashmir. These include two persons, including a cop, who were injured earlier. The number of injured could be well over 130 persons.

 Informed sources told Kashmir Life that Sayar Ahmad, a young man from Nagbal village of Shopian was killed soon after the prayers were held in Bunbazaar Shopian. Officials, however, have identified him as Shahid Ahmad.

Details revealed that as hundreds of people from villages came to Shopian for Eid prayers, they found the local Eidgah closed. Then later went to Bun Bazaar where a huge Eid congregation took place. Soon after the prayers were over, clashes erupted.

Sayar was one of nearly 40 persons who was injured. But the locals took the injured to the perip0heral dispensaries and not to the main hospital that received only four injured persons. Sayar was taken on a motor-cycle to Herman Public Health Centre. By then, however, he had lost lot of blood and he died instantly. Instead of medical help, the residents in Herman offered him funeral prayers and sent him home.

Another death took place in Bandipore where clashes erupted after the prayers. Murtaza, one of the young men who was part of the post-prayer protests, was hit by the tear-smoke shell on his head. He died almost instantly. On Thursday, reports said, hundreds of residents from across the belt visited his home and mourned his killing.

In last two days two injured also died. One was a police man Rouf Ahmad, a resident of Maloora Srinagar. He received a grevious injury on August 15 in Nowhatta when suspected militants lobbed a grenade towards the cop. He was flown to Delhi where he succumbed to his injuries.

Another injured who died was identified as Rasikh Ahmad, a resident of Akhran Nowpora in Kulgam. He was admitted to the SKIMS after getting injured on September 5.

Meanwhile police in Srinagar said the curfew was lifted from entire valley. However, restrictions under section 144/CrPC remained imposed in some parts of the valley.

The spokesman said that apart from a few stray incidents of stone pelting the situation remained normal and under control throughout the valley till filing of this report.

Last evening some miscreants set ablaze a Cafeteria under the name and style, Zaiqa Cafeteria, at Awantipora. The building suffered damages in this incident.

In Kulgam, police said miscreants set ablaze Government Middle School at Kanjikullah, Yaripora. The school building suffered damages in the incident.

A youth was also reported dead in mysterious situation in Sopore. Identified as Mansoor Ahmad, a resident of Hardushiva, his body was recovered from the fields, many hours after he went missing. Residents said he has torture marks. Not many details are immediately known.

Leave A Reply