SRINAGAR: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said that Operation Sindoor is India’s biggest-ever response to terror and that the action taken was based on the acts of terrorists, not their faith.
Soon after arriving in Srinagar, Rajnath Singh visited Badami Bagh Cantonment, where he addressed soldiers. This is his first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after India launched Operation Sindoor to target terror camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir in response to the April 22 Pahalgam attack.
Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the Chief of Army Staff, and other senior officials accompanied him.
Addressing the troops, Rajnath Singh, said he came to convey the appreciation and greetings of the people of India for the soldiers’ courage and dedication in the successful conduct of Operation Sindoor.
“I believe Operation Sindoor is so far the biggest-ever response by India to terrorism. Terrorists killed innocent people based on ‘dharam’, and we acted against them based on their ‘karam’,” he said.
He added that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has redefined India’s approach to terrorism. “As per the agreement, any violation will receive a befitting response. No violation will be tolerated. The action against terrorism will remain firm under the Prime Minister’s policy.”
He also said that talks and terrorism cannot go hand in hand, and any future dialogue with Pakistan will only concern Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir and terrorism.
Rajnath Singh further questioned whether nuclear weapons are safe in Pakistan’s hands and called for international attention to the matter. (KNO)















