In Kashmir, Rajnath Singh Slams Pakistan’s Nuclear Credibility, Lauds Defence Forces

   

SRINAGAR: In his first visit to Jammu and Kashmir after the conclusion of Operation Sindoor, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday delivered a sharp rebuke to Pakistan’s handling of its nuclear arsenal and praised the Indian Armed Forces for what he termed a “decisive and historic” response to terrorism.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

Singh arrived in Srinagar earlier today to assess the post-ceasefire situation following an intense spell of cross-border shelling earlier this month. Speaking at the Badami Bagh Cantonment, he congratulated the soldiers for their role in Operation Sindoor, a military operation launched on May 7 in response to the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack that killed 26 civilians.

“The whole world has seen how irresponsibly Pakistan has threatened India with its nuclear weapons,” Singh said in a powerful address to the troops. “Today, I ask the world from the land of Srinagar: are nuclear weapons safe in the hands of such a rogue nation? I believe Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal must be placed under the supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency.”

Operation Sindoor saw India target terror infrastructure across the border, killing over 100 recruits of banned outfits like Jaish-e-Mohammed, Lashkar-e-Taiba, and Hizbul Mujahideen, officials said. The offensive reportedly dismantled Pakistani communication hubs, radar stations and airfields at 11 key locations, including Nur Khan and Sargodha, using long-range missiles and electronic warfare systems. Pakistan retaliated with drone and artillery attacks, which continued until both nations announced a ceasefire on May 10, following backchannel talks between their Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMOs).

While in Srinagar, the Defence Minister inspected fragments of Pakistani shells fired into Jammu and Kashmir during the escalation and interacted with troops, praising their bravery. “You destroyed the enemy’s bunkers and sent a message they will never forget,” he told soldiers, placing a hand on a jawan’s shoulder in a moment of visible emotion.

Rajnath Singh was accompanied during the visit by Jammu and Kashmir’s Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah. He also chaired strategic briefings at the XV Corps Headquarters, where officials detailed the operational outcomes and India’s military preparedness along the Line of Control.

Speaking of the national sentiment, Singh said, “The people of Jammu and Kashmir have shown extraordinary unity and anger against terrorism and Pakistan’s actions. I have come to feel that very energy, the strength that destroyed the enemy across the border.”

In his address, Singh also mocked Pakistan’s financial dependence on international aid. Referring to the latest US$ 1.023 billion IMF disbursement, he said, “Pakistan stands where the line of beggars begins. While they seek funds from the IMF, India is among those nations that contribute to it to help poorer countries.”

The visit follows Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s inspection of the Adampur Air Base earlier this week. Modi, in his first public statement after the operation, had stated that India would no longer be deterred by Pakistan’s nuclear threats and would strike “decisively and precisely” in response to terrorism.

Echoing this stance, Singh said, “India has made it clear, terrorists and their masters hiding in Pakistan are now our targets. We will go to any extent against terrorism.”

The Defence Minister also paid tribute to the fallen soldiers and civilians of the Pahalgam attack. “I bow to the supreme sacrifice made by our brave jawans and pay my respects to the innocent lives lost. Their courage will continue to inspire the nation.”

With tensions eased under the current ceasefire, Singh’s visit served as both a morale boost to troops and a declaration of India’s new security posture.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here