SRINAGAR: National Conference Additional General Secretary and former minister Ajay Kumar Sadhotra on Tuesday visited the Rehari area of Jammu city, where several houses were damaged and three persons injured following cross-border shelling from Pakistan.
Expressing deep concern and condemning the shelling as “highly devastating,” Sadhotra met the affected families, inspected the damaged properties, and inquired about the condition of the injured. He expressed relief that there had been no loss of life and prayed for the speedy recovery of those hurt in the incident.
Speaking to reporters during his visit, Sadhotra said, “The devastation caused by shelling is highly condemnable. It is a matter of relief that there was no loss of human life. I thank God for sparing lives.” He assured the victims that the National Conference-led government under Omar Abdullah is committed to compensating those who have suffered losses due to the shelling. He also said financial and medical assistance would be extended to the injured.
Sadhotra reiterated the party’s firm stand against terrorism, calling it a menace that has no place in a civilised society. “It is heartening to see that every Indian has united against terrorism. National Conference has always stood at the forefront of this fight, and thousands of our workers have laid down their lives for the nation,” he said.
Referring to the recent military talks between India and Pakistan, he welcomed the understanding reached at the level of the Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs), stating that “war is not a solution but a recipe for destruction.”
“It is hoped that good sense will prevail on all sides. War brings only death and devastation, and that is unacceptable,” he said.















