‘Operation Sindoor Avenged Pahalgam’: LG Hails Armed Forces’ Response During Visit to Shelling Hit Families

   

SRINAGAR: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha visited the Sahib Bandgi Ashram shelter and lodgement centre in Mishriwala, Jammu, to meet families displaced by cross-border shelling from Pakistan. He expressed solidarity with the affected residents and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to their safety and rehabilitation.

Follow Us OnG-News | Whatsapp

During his interaction with the families, LG Sinha condemned Pakistan’s recent aggression, calling the Pahalgam incident an “act of war by a terror state.” He said that “Operation Sindoor” had been launched in response, marking a strong message to Pakistan.

“India has always advocated for peace and never wanted war, but what happened in Pahalgam was an act of war. Our armed forces responded with restraint and precision to dismantle the terror factories responsible,” the Lieutenant Governor stated.

He praised the armed forces for their decisive action and unwavering dedication, stating, “Our Armed Forces have made it clear — any threat to our people will be met with a response that Pakistan will remember for generations.”

Reaffirming India’s stance, he added, “India will never compromise on its sovereignty and territorial integrity. We are resolved to dismantle the entire terror ecosystem from Jammu and Kashmir.”

LG Sinha also assured the construction of new bunkers based on fresh assessments to bolster civilian safety in vulnerable areas.

Earlier in the day, the Lieutenant Governor paid homage to BSF Constable Deepak Chingakham, who succumbed to injuries sustained in unprovoked Pakistani firing along the International Boundary in Jammu’s R.S. Pura sector on 10 May. Posting on social media platform X, he said, “I salute the brave son of Mother India… We share the grief of the family and stand in solidarity.”

The LG also visited the residence of Zakir Hussain, a civilian from Kheri Village who was killed during the cross-border shelling, and offered condolences and assurances of support to the bereaved family.

The visits came amid heightened tensions following the May 6–7 shelling across the LoC and IB, which claimed civilian lives and prompted large-scale evacuations in border areas.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here